Registration is now open for our fall 4-week Parent Workshop – Parenting as a Team. Together We Can: Creating a Healthy Future for our Family is a 4 session co-parenting workshop helping parents build upon their knowledge & skills to promote healthy family and parenting relationships. This workshop is for all parents: married, divorced, single, step. etc.
Tuesdays: September 17, 24 & October 8, 15 (No class October 1)
5:30-7:45pm (Dinner is 5:30-6pm)
FREE Dinner and Child Care
Note: There is no cost to attend workshop, but child care spots are limited.
Register on-line: bit.ly/GSLfall2019
Questions: Call Kathy at 517.540.6860 or email KathleenVirden@livingstonesa.org
Week 1 – Taking Care of My Family
* Learn the importance of taking steps to build a strong family
* Set goals to grow as a strong family
Week 2 – Taking Care of Myself
* Coping and stress management skills
* Developing healthy co-parenting relationships (This relationship may include the child’s other parent, and may also include grandparents, family members, a new partner, or other significant people in their lives.)
Week 3 – Taking Care of My Relationships
* Skills for building relationships
* Practice active listening and tuning into non-verbal cues
* Conflict management skills
Week 4 – Taking Care of My Future for My Children
* Healthy relationship choices
* Healthy families
Complete a FREE ASQ (Ages & Stages Questionnaire) developmental screening for your child ages 2 months – 5 years and be entered into a drawing to win a Gift Basket of books!
Rules to Enter:
- Complete an ASQ for your child (ages 2 months – 5 years) by November 30, 2019 and be automatically entered into the drawing.
- Winner will be chosen at random and notified the week of December 2, 2019.
- Actual books may vary based on age of winning child.
For more information on ASQ and why you should screen your child visit ASQLivingston.org
Parents indicate positive results from Healthy Families Livingston program
Healthy Families recently distributed their annual satisfaction survey to parents in the program. Healthy Families Livingston is one of our Great Start Livingston early childhood community partners. They provide home visiting services to Livingston County parents with young children.
Twenty-five (25) participants completed the annual satisfaction survey. Overall, parents are very satisfied with the Healthy Families Livingston program. They are satisfied with the information shared and received on child development and parenting skills. Parents confidence in parenting skills increased while being in the program. Parents also reported they are treated with respect and consideration by their home visitor who is sensitive and respectful of family values, beliefs and traditions.
Parents indicated the following as their top areas of life that have improved since beginning Healthy Families Livingston:
· My understanding of child development and age appropriate behaviors
· Learning new ways to play with my child
· More positive ways to manage my child’s behavior
· Taking care of my children
· The health care of my children
Parents described their home visitor as:
· Respectful of our family
The Healthy Families Livingston Advisory Council reviewed the results of this survey and will utilize these results for future work and efforts so as to continue to support families with young children.
Healthy Families Livingston provides home visiting services for new parents in Livingston County. Home visits are provided by family-support workers. Parents attend ongoing workshops and support groups. New parents learn information and skills about infant and child development, parent and infant interaction, parenting coping techniques, and how to attain personal parenting goals.
If you are interested in finding out more about Healthy Families Livingston, please call 517-548-1350 or email email@example.com
Every month on the Second Saturday of the Month from 930am- noon:
HUGS at Venture Church/ Howell-
FREE respite care for foster/adoptive families.
Find out more by contacting Lynda Krupansky (517) 420- 2066